Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bad Times


Tough times for the Everett family.
We wish them the best.

That's in vain, though. That family is stunned.
They really don't care or can't comprehend what anyone else is saying right now.
[Forbes Online ]



......................
......................
......................

Who shot G.R.?


Everyone watched "Dallas" in the '80s.
(No real reason for this mention, but whatev.)

.....................

NHL 08 blog.

A reason to be really be lazy now.
NHL 08 is out on September 13.
It is going to be as solid as it gets. It got good reviews across the board. [ IGN.com]

"The dynamic AI is adjusting throughout a game, just as a real NHL team would do. If you stick to one strategy, the AI will find a way to shut you down. Or at least will do its best based on the skills of the players on the ice. If you play hockey the old EA NHL way, by driving down center ice and looking for one-timers, you are going to get creamed. The defensive AI can be rough. That doesn't mean it's impossible to score (in fact, you will still have the occasional blowout game), but to do so will require more imagination and smarter play. The real test will be to your skills on defense."

The video game Mark Eaton will dominate in this game.

You know the season is close when EA NHL comes out.

........................................

Training Camp

All September, the Kris Letang story is going to be worth getting out of bed for. [ Post Gazette ]

"I think I'm ready," Letang said. "I worked hard all summer to get a spot with the Pittsburgh Penguins. If I don't, I'll be disappointed."

Robert Esche with the Penguins. Vomit. [ Empty Netters ]

Penguins Rookies beat the Homo Rookies to win the tournament in Kitchener. [ Penguin Buzz ]

Great find by PennyLane on LGP:
Say what you want to say about Mark Madden. But he champions the Penguins better than anyone. And hey, if you're gonna job the Steelers, you know we're about that. [ Times Online ]

..............................

NHL

...Looks like Bryan Murray tried to shop Wade Redden in June, but Redden shut it down...[ TSN ]

That's it.
.................................

We jobbed the Steelers recap from that one site yesterday.
But we do fully recommend the recap found on Post Game Heroes.
All business. No gimmicks.
Just a wealth of info. [ Post Game Hereos ]

...............................................

We aren't into doing polls.

But if we were...

Sonni Abatta vs. Alison Morris

What a matchup.



Seriously. Wow.

..........................................



OPENING FACEOFF COUNTDOWN

The ideal winger for Lemieux during the Cup years.
Pens win a third Cup if Stevens doesn't get Pilon'ed in Game 7.

33 comments:

Spencemo said...

Kevin Stevens is my boy! In fact, when the hubby & I got our authenic jerseys, that's who I got. So he had a weency bit of trouble with some hookers & crack...He's much better now...

The Hebrew Hammer said...

You can't beat Sonni Abatta

bleepbloop said...

Allison Morris looks like she's guzzled plenty at frat parties.





What? I'm talking about beer, perverts.

adam said...

NHL 08 will be sick....

Korn said...

Alison Morris, hands down. Is she new? Moved out of the burgh 2 years ago and don't think I've seen her.

Although neither hold a candle to Trenni Kusnerick.

Great article by Madden. I thought it was a really well written article, until he had to trash it up with the "Pens patrol taking off something else comment". Come on man...

john said...

Is melichar gone? @ pittsburghpenguins.com they don't even have him on the roster, but @ espn it says he hasn't been involved with any transactions.

thanks for the help.

Loser Chris said...

NHL 08 can't arrive in stores soon enough. I pretty much bought my 360 this weekend just for it and FIFA 08. And speaking of Melitard, he won't be on the Pens roster in 08 will he?

Hooks Orpik said...

John and loser chris: Rest assured Melichar is a UFA and hasn't had any ties to the Pens since June 30th.

I thought he did admirable job given his situation, but yeah dude couldn't clear the puck to save his life and it's better he's gone.

And since the Pens have a lot of NHL depth defensemen--Scuderi, Nasreddine and Mike Weaver (aka Poor Man's Mark Eaton) there's little chance he'll be back.

I thought I heard rumors that the Red Wings and, surprise, surpise the Rangers (aka Pittsburgh's ex-Czechs) were relatively interested in Melichar but he's still a UFA. I assume he would play in the Czech league, but I think European rosters are almost finalized too, so I'm not sure where he's going to land. Won't be hear though.

Anonymous said...

Allison Morris

snoopyjode said...

OMG, i know. i can't stop thinking about kevin everett. he's only 25 years old. the media (particularly cnn headline news, which i watch as i get ready for work) are sensationalizing what happened to him by showing the video of that hit over and over again. it's so tragic. there but for the grace of God goes any one of our nhl heroes. add me to the list of people that wish everett and his family the best.



on a lighter note:
i'm a female, but i too can appreciate feminine beauty, so i'm casting my vote for alison morris. while sonni abatta is technically hotter than alison, that clown makeup that sonni's rocking just looks terrible.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get either NHL2k8 or NHL08 on my PS3. I just need to wait and find out which one is better.

Troy Loney said...

"Is your son that polite? I doubt it. I doubt he makes $8.7 million per year, either."

Stay Classy Penguins.

Tyler said...

Allison, definitely.

Staff said...

allison Morris every day of the week
I guess we might have to do polls.

Or maybe a tournament of the newscasters next offseason.

We the staff found ways to like melichar last year.
he's just a dude making a living.

But he doesn't fit here anymore

Loser Chris said...

Hooks,

I know he's not on the real Pens. I just don't want Melichar on my virtual Pens either.

Anon,

NHL 08 is definitely the way to go.

Hutch said...

I think Janelle Hall from channel 4 is hotter than both of them!

Ryan said...

Allison. No doubt.

Jeff said...

Both of them at the same time.


Think big! Imagine, 4 boobs worth of Pittsburgh newscasting goodness, jiggling right in your face...


I think I'd fedko all over the place.

The Legend of Vincent Tremblay said...

Check out their KDKA.com bio pages:

Sonni

Allison

Read Allison's favorite sports teams.

EmDubs said...

Weren't they supposed to officially announce the Ice Bowl yesterday? Has anyone heard anything?

Tickets were supposed to go on sale this coming Saturday (the 15th) at 9 am. If you look on the Sabres website about buying tix, every other game says tix go on sale Sept 15th at 9 am, but the Jan 1st game you have to call their ticket office. WTF? Are they going to get this thing rolling or what?

Anonymous said...

em, they were supposed to announce something on the 14th, i believe, not the 10th.

demondg1 said...

I gotta vote Sonni on this one. For as smoking as she in person, Allison looks like hell in her photos. And she's and Islander fan.

Honorable mention also goes out to Janelle Hall.

My prediction for this season...
Sid scores a hat trick and nails all 3 of them by the All Star break.

EmDubs said...

I dunno, I read 3 stories that said the 10th (including this one), but hopefully something will happen on the 14th

Jeffry said...

nhl 2k6 is still my favorite. ive heard some good stuff about this years games, especially the franchise modes. 2k8 sounds sick. i might give ea a try again though.

PostGameHeroes said...

Thanks for the link guys!

Staff said...

we're all forgetting about Wendy Bell.

wilsmith said...

I bet that you have to call the ticket office because they're going to block area codes frmo the pittsburgh area -- just like the NFL teams do.

The Hebrew Hammer said...

Korn really get off your high horse. Between you and everyone at LGP people are taking that comment so seriously. It was a joke, get a sense of humor.

kristin said...

Ick, Esche. I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy!

Dwayne said...

All I know is that 08 better deliver. 07 couldn't hold a candle to 2k7. I'm really pumped the AI is supposed to be better, as that's exactly why I hated '07 compared to 2k7.

All the same, I'll end up with both. I'll probably buy '08 first and get 2k8 on gamefly, then own it used after a few months.

Loser Chris said...

More love for NHL 08!

The Hebrew Hammer said...

I don't believe all you guys are in such support of Alison Morris. Morris is cute, Abatta is stunning. You definitely know Dennis Bowman is popping wood under the weather desk when those two are there.

The Legend of Vincent Tremblay said...

Just to clarify my previous post:

I wouldn't kick Allison Morris out of bed for eating crackers. But I expect her to return the favor, and not kick me out of bed when I scream "Potvin sucks!" during sex.

Disclaimer

We are in no way affiliated with the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League.

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Pensblog uses logos and registered trademarks of the National Hockey League to convey our criticism and inform the public.

Photos on The Pensblog are used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (thepensblog@gmail.com) and we will be happy to oblige.

wooo