Thursday, August 23, 2007

Times They Are A-Changin'

We have to give our condolences to Seth over at Empty Netters.

The Post-Gazette revamped their website's layout.
Empty Netters is no longer blasting your face with greatness at the top of the page.

Instead, it is relegated to the bottom of the sidebar on the left.

The fact it took us longer than 5 seconds to find it on the new page is not acceptable.

..............................................................

Stop what you're doing.
The Ottawa Senators unveiled their new logo and uniforms.


Anxious Sens fans stand in line outside ScotiaBank Place before the announcement.


If you can't tell the difference between last year's and this one, you shouldn't be here.


Pretty solid.

.................................................................

Michael Peca is heading to Columbus.

People who actually care about this news:



...................................................

Anyone remember when Roberto Luongo was M.I.A. at the beginning of overtime in Game 5 against the Ducks?

We were told that it was an equipment problem.



According to Wikipedia, it turns out he had an untimely case of diarrhea.


Fact: Ken Wregget played the entire 3rd OT against the Caps in 1996 with 1.3 gallons of feces in his pants.
He's letting some loose in this never-before-seen photo.

........................................................
Speaking of choking.
Wait nevermind


Anyways, Jerome Bettis wrote some book.
He said this:

"Man, did I do a nice job of acting,'' Bettis wrote in the book, co-authored by ESPN.com national columnist Gene Wojciechowski. "The thing is, I wasn't faking that I had an injury. I was just faking that the injury happened on that short-yardage play. I had to fool the coaches and the team's medical department into thinking the injury had occurred on that play. Otherwise, the Steelers would have had their reason to cut me and my salary."


Apparently this was in 2000.
Everyone knows the Steelers weren't going to cut Bettis.
Looks like Bus's giant eagle contract ran out and he needs some cash money.

We'd pick up the book, but the last book we read was something from R.L. Stine 's Goosebumps.


The New York Times Best Seller list isn't a list of best sellers.
It is a list of books that R.L Stine's Goosebumps are better than.

And we suppose while on the subject of writing.


Jobbers has been officially postponed indefinitely.
We kind of hoped people forgot about it, but whatever.
If you didn't know already, we never get anything done on time.
We were supposed to finish goalie mask in march or something.


.....................................
Sorry this post is short.
But is it as short as Joe Hardy's marriage?
ZINNNNNGGG

Picture: Joe Hardy peeing into his colostomy bag.

Now this isn't 84lumberblog, but wow.

Looks like the 84-year-old on his 23-year-old bride are done:


"It's possible the details will come out in a book that Georgi's mother said Kristin is preparing to write using notes from her journal that she's kept over the past four months.Her mother said she moved out prior to Hardy filing the papers and wasn't aware he had decided to make the divorce official.Georgi's mother said she's surprised by all the attention the marriage attracted, but said that had nothing to do with their breakup."


Hockey season is the only thing that can save us.
.....................................
Winter in the Sun
Game #79
April 3, 2007
One Of Those Nights. PENS LOSE.


4 - 1



Biggest mistake of Ryan Miller's life.

............................................................


44

47 comments:

Jeff said...

thepensblog.comic Issue 1

Steve In Denver said...

Regarding the Sens logo, it would be more accurate if the guy's mouth was opened to accept the golden phallus that is wrapped around his head. You know he wants it.

Staff said...

hahah Jeff thats money.
Although I look terrible. Hook a brother up.

You need to start sending some photoshops too, you set the bar pretty high last year.

-dr

Jeff said...

Derek:

I'll see what I can do.


And don't worry, the photoshops are my main on-season occupation.

Anonymous said...

comic = hilarious.

Jeffry said...

since i saw the new sens jerseys were out i was actually looking forward to a post with some dudes kissing each other. its funny and disturbing every time, you know, unless you like to watch dudes kissing, then i guess its just hot...

Seth Rorabaugh said...

I appreciate the thoughts guys, but we're still working the bugs out.

The EN banner will return to a more prominent position I assure you. It was actually on the front page of the whole site, but it wasn't very easily located in my opinion.

For right now, the Web folks
(i.e. the folks who actually know what their doing and not me) are mainly concentrating on making sure PG.com is just running.

And huffing spray paint on their lunch break. (This does include me.)

Ming the Merciless said...

U gotta admit though, pink assless chaps are damn hot

This peyton manning-reggie bush commercial was funny the first time i saw it.

Ming the Merciless said...

With Sid and Ovechkin, is where, uh, is where i was going with that...

Spencemo said...

Mmmm...pink, assless chaps...
Niiiiiiiiiiice! I wonder if they sell those at the games...

snoopyjode said...

so, is that guy wearing a jock strap with those pink assless chaps?!

DAMN YOU, PENSBLOG STAFF!!! that one's going to haunt my nightmares for weeks to come... weak. :(

snoopyjode said...

oh, and i forgot:

yw, canaan! i thought you might like that... ;)

Barrasso35 said...

How is it that Pensblog has access to the most awesome hockey pictures and the most gay pictures? What sort of business is this Getty Images?

Spencemo said...

Yeah, Snoop...looks like a jock strap with those assless chaps. Bold choice, I'd say...

EmDubs said...

Ohhh, the Senators jerseys are underneath..... I thought the pink assless chaps WERE the uniform.....

snoopyjode said...

lol, spence!!! :D

emdubs, when i read that, i thought that's what the staff was going for, too! once again, vitaminwater almost comes out of my nose... HA!

Loser Chris said...

Hey Snoop, maybe you can get some chaps like that to go with your RBK "I <3 Sid" shoes that we all know you're already pre-ordered.

Kenny Melvin said...

Bettis=not first ballot hall of famer

snoopyjode said...

actually, loser chris, you think you know everything? actually, i preordered the pink "i ♥ sid" t-shirt. look for me on tv!!! :P

[LOL]

snoopyjode said...

*look for me on tv at the pens games.

sorry - the excitement of getting a new car has my brain scattered this week.

Spencemo said...

Aw c'mon, Snoop...you're not going to go all Puck Bunny on us, are you? :P

Jeff said...

thepensblog.comic Issue 2

Don't expect them to come out this fast on a regular basis, but I'm having fun.

snoopyjode said...

tee hee! hey spence, check out my new avatar!!! ;)

puck bunny voice:do you think i'll get noticed if i'm wearing this?

look closely, it sparkles. (>_<)





...is there such a thing as a "puck bunny voice"? lol, i'm a joke.

Anonymous said...

Careful, guys, LCS is moving in on your territory.

Better step it up with the urine-marking and all, quick!

Spencemo said...

You're killing me, Snoop...You're just killing me!!! :)

Kenny Melvin said...

Any idea on when the Pens jerseys are finally coming out? The Battle of Stalingrad took place faster.

Loser Chris said...

If I buy my wife that shirt she has to wear it right? I mean it's a gift!

Also Snoop, good job not mentioning the chaps again. Your ploy of saying nothing in hopes of everyone not noticing a lack of a denial on your part was pretty smooth, but you don't fool me. I can just see you sitting behind the Pens bench for the home opener wearing an assless bunny suit like the one from Christmas Story and holding an "I <3 Sid" sign.

Kenny Melvin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kenny Melvin said...

Solid picture of Francis, loserchris

wilsmith said...

Stop making fun of sens fans?

I'm certain that the guy in assless chaps was the first result when the staffers typed in "senators fans".

And hey, puck bunnies have their place in this world too.

snoopyjode said...

HOLD ON - there is an ASSLESS BUNNY SUIT?! i must see this. if it comes in pink, it's MINE!!! lol

loser chris, i know you're just jealous because i actually get to go to the mellon arena, while your wife is the only one who gets to appreciate your "i ♥ marc andre" sign. ;) on the bright side, being accused of carrying an "i ♥ sid" sign is a H.E.L.L. of a lot better than being accused of being the "put it in my five hole, sid" idiot...

...the latter would be grounds for me to never speak to you again!

Kenny Melvin said...

Very Solid comic Jeff. I'm glad to see I was potrayed in such a postive light.

Kenny Melvin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kenny Melvin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kenny Melvin said...

Since Jeff plugged his blog, I might as well plug mine. I think it's a solid posting.

thecityofchamps.blogspot.com

Stoosh said...

Comic Issue #2...loved it, although I have absolutely NO idea what you mean when you suggest that I can get "longwinded". I mean, that NEVER happens. :p

And LCS is a-ok in my book. Those guys have been doing it for the better part of the last decade.

Loser Chris said...

Nobody beats the "Roberto I'm pregnant" Luongo fan!

And yes I am jealous that you get to go to Pens games more than once every 3 years, but I saw Recchi's 500th goal in person so take that!

Loser Chris said...

For those who don't know what I was talking about...

canaanregulatesblog said...

never would i advocate the stoppage of "ottawa is gay" rhetoric. just making that blatantly obvious, Jeff =)

Spencemo said...

Can we still make assless chaps & jock strap jokes?! This is information I need, people!!!

Oh, I bogarted your idea about the new avatar, Snoop...sorry

wilsmith said...

*this is me witholding a comment about unoriginal content on that other blog.*

I cannot be yelled at, I held back.

snoopyjode said...

that's okay, spence - i'm still going to use mine too, but i just thought that, considering our conversation today, the snoopy bunny avatar would be funnier. :)

loser chris, about that "pregnant" chick... wow.

SweetSassyMolassy said...

"Kenny Melvin said...

Since Jeff plugged his blog, I might as well plug mine. I think it's a solid posting."

It was a solid posting because it was a solid posting here first, when it was much funnier as Jobbers.

wilsmith said...

Black Sheep was an original movie.

Jeff said...

Derek: Hope you agree you look better now.

Spence & Snoopy: Glad you like it.

Canaan: It won't always necessarily be something you'd say, I have to drive the plot.

Stoosh: Haha.

Tiff: <3

canaanregulatesblog said...

perhaps i should change my name to canaandrivesplots ...heh

Staff said...

haha Jeff solid stuff.

It my dude wearing the same jacket Marty Mcfly wore..
I hope

-dr

Disclaimer

We are in no way affiliated with the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League.

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Pensblog uses logos and registered trademarks of the National Hockey League to convey our criticism and inform the public.

Photos on The Pensblog are used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (thepensblog@gmail.com) and we will be happy to oblige.

wooo