Friday, August 17, 2007

Just Another Week in August

Pictures of the Islanders new uniforms have sprouted up on Gore.


The white looks okay with the orange sleeves.
The blue jersey looks depressed.
And Rick DiPietro looking emo in that picture doesn't help.

.........................................

Speaking of semi-related Islander stuff.
New friend Eddy Spaghetti blog made some iPhone wallpaper.
Our favorite:


Gold.

.......................

Big Ben News reported the situation developing at the center position for the Steelers.
Ben had something to say:

"Chukky Okobi and free agent signee Sean Mahan are candidates for the Pittsburgh Steelers' starting center position. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger isn't taking sides, or backsides: 'They have different styles, if you will. Their butts feel different, but you know what, they both do a great job, and I don't have a favorite, one or the other.' "

It's not even fair for us to say something after reading that.
Anything we would want to say about that basically wrote itself.



.............................................

Rick Tocchet is facing sentencing on Friday for the gambling ring.

He most likely won't be getting jail time.

We need him to get out of coaching and back behind the bench of a team.
That way, we could get ahold of him and ask him about the Game 7 goal.

......................................

Remember how everyone was pooping on Kevin Lowe?


"He's not doing anything against the system or behind the backs of anyone, and good for him," said Wayne Gretzky.

Well gee, if Wayne Gretzky said it's OK, it must be.
Dick.


Wayne Gretzky with a little boy. You draw the conclusions.

.................................

Empty Netters with a solid breakdown of the nationally televised games this season



Where is Gary Roberts in that logo?
Hell maybe even Talbot.

Here is a interesting look at the schedule through the eyes of a Caps fan. [Caps Nut]

" Now a fair amount of this has to do with the NHL's current schedule format. There isn't a Caps-Kings game for somebody to pick up this year. But a quarter of the Flyers-Penguin Scum tilts will be on NBC. I can understand the "history" and "rivalry" but when was the last time the Penguin Scum and the Flyers were both in the playoffs? "

Our response to this:


Eat it.
Call us Penguin scum when you actually win 30 games. Homo.

This would be different if your boys could've sealed the deal back in 92.

...................................

The always-informative Pens Insider breaks down his projected defense pairing for the Pens and the Baby Pens.

His list:


PITTSBURGH
Eaton-Gonchar
Whitney-Orpik
Sydor-Weaver
extra: Scuderi
WBS
Nasreddine-Letang
Goligoski-Lannon
Ardelan-Engelland
extra: D'Aversa



The big surprise?
He thinks Letang will start in the minors.

Sure would've made for a good debate in Commentorblog.



.........................




awful
...................

Dark Knight blog

Tons of new pics


Sick

.......................

Winter in the Sun
Game #76
March 25, 2007
One Step Closer To Clinching A Spot. PENS WIN.


5 - 0



Picture: Roberts, probably about to do something great.

Commentorblog:



.............................


49

46 comments:

Staff said...

Commentorblog is back jack.


We miss everyone too much

Dwayne said...

Every so often we need someone to stick us in the kidney with a cattle prod. Well played, staff.

Anyway...

Letang in the minors?

Sorry, I don't buy it. I'm more apt to believe Shero signed those guys on 2 ways just in case Letang didn't work out, just so WBS had some more depth.

Then again, that dude *does* cover the baby pens as his job, so my guess is he knows a bit more about the situation up-there than I do :]

Kenny Melvin said...

Wow you guys held almost as strong as the Nazis did at Normandy. Too bad all the comments from the blog's past are gone though.

Kenny Melvin said...

Edit:Comments aren't gone. The POW picture was solid though

thepensblogderek said...

We'd figure we play a little joke...

Commentorblog gets us through the day

snoopyjode said...

oh. my. GOD.

i'm so glad to see you guys again!!! :)

please let's all resolve not to do that shit again. next time, the staff may decide that a few hours isn't long enough!

now, we were discussing who was the biggest douche in hockey: sean avery, adam graves (grrrr), and brett hull were nominees last time i checked. anyone else have a nomination? ha ha.

Loser Chris said...

I nominate Darren McCarty!

Good to be back...

Kenny Melvin said...

Snoopyjode wrote:

oh. my. GOD.

i'm so glad to see you guys again!!! :)

please let's all resolve not to do that shit again. next time, the staff may decide that a few hours isn't long enough!


I like commentorblog too but it's not life or death whether I can post and read comments here.

Steeltown Mike said...

I nominate Peter Forsberg. Since Brett Hull is on the list, can Tai Domi be on there, too?

wilsmith said...

New Rule.
Ignore any comment that even looks like it could start trouble within the blogosphere.

Now, the real issues:
Biggest douche is not Tie Domi, he's great. But of course, I have a soft spot in my heart for goons, so maybe that explains something.

I still maintain that it's Hull. I hated him and Roenick more than any player I've ever seen in the league. They both excelled in that era where everything sucked, so to me, that's like being the valedictorian of summer school.

Loser Chris said...

Add Daniel Alfredsson to the list too!

canaanmakesfood said...

so, i was without the internet for a couple of days...actually, my monitor s the b and i was too busy at work to check...

(start sarcasm) glad to see everyone had a level head this week (end sarcasm)

tpb adam, i tried calling you multiple times about the situation, but to no avail...no biggie.

canaan

Kenny Melvin said...

For the douche awards how did anybody not bring up Chris Chelios yet?

karri said...

I thought for sure you guys would torture us for at least a week...

snoopyjode said...

wilsmith: i thought that was supposed to be the original rule. ;)

i know i seconded (<- is that a word?) the motion for sean avery, but i have my own douche nominee: DANY HEATLEY. i f'n hate that guy.

theNick said...

its got to be Roenick every time i see him i just think giant douche......brett hull is of course a turd sandwich

canaanmakesfood said...

Douche nominations/votes:


Avery
Roenick
Butt Hull
Kovaldouche

LovesThePens said...

The Dark Knight is going to be awesome to see.

In the NHL, a heckling fan falls into the penalty box and is pummeled by player Tai Domi.

TAI DOMI, NHL PLAYER: It's my work. No one's going to come to my work and -- you know, that's -- if he wants to come in there, he's going to have to pay the price.
- Major Douche!

Lauren said...

So I'm moving to Philadelphia next week for educational purposes. I'm taking my Fleury wall banner and bobblehead, and the '91 Wheaties box. Any other suggestions for riling the high concentration of Flyers fans I'll be dealing with? Extra points for creativity!

Spencemo said...

Ed Belfour...don't forget Ed Belfour.

canaanmakesfood said...

you cant put Belfour on the list, simply because of this.

anyone who drunkenly offers a policemen a billion dollars is okay in my book (chapter 7:okay by me).

Kenny Melvin said...

Lauren, you shouldn't go out of your way to rile up any Flyer fans. They don't take any mercy man or woman.

Spencemo said...

I don't know, canaan...even after that, he's still a bit douche-esque.

canaanmakesfood said...

i respectfully disagree, spence ;)

Kenny Melvin said...

Kudos on your first moderating job Canaan. It seems like gestapoblog is in full effect. HEIL CANAAN!!

Ming the Merciless said...

Enough of the Aryan Nation shit.

Staff, glad to see you brought commentblog back. And to expand on one of my comments from a few days ago, I do respect you fuckers for what yinz do (whether u like it or not)...this place is indeed a small part of what gets us regulars through the dog days of the offseason, and your game recaps are top-of-the-key. Thanks for running this place and keeping us laughing, and laying the smack down when needed. Enough of the warm n' fuzzy-ness. I gotta go bench press engine blocks...with a mouth full of tobacco...and grow a full beard...yeah...

canaanmakesfood said...

i appreciate any person that shows love to the original flash gordon (scifi remake to be out soon). probably one of the greatest soundtracks of all time.

and i LOL'ed at this:
"I gotta go bench press engine blocks...with a mouth full of tobacco...and grow a full beard...yeah..."

well done.

Stanley P. Kachowski said...

Why was my comment removed?

Seriously. If I broke a 'new' rule, that's cool. Or perhaps it was just in amongst the spamming and the whole block got chopped? Just wanna know.

kristin said...

lauren...don't worry, there are no Flyers fans...only Eagles fans!

karri said...

I liked your comment Stanley P.

I thought it was entertaining.

;-)

Kenny Melvin said...

Kristin, go to a Flyers game and tell me they don't care about hockey there. I hate the Flyers as much as anyone here but they love their hockey and are very compassionaite about it.

Spencemo said...

Flash Gordon is cheesetastic! And, you're right, one of the best soundtracks ever. #2...Highlander.

Tee said...

good to see it back. I'll be back in full force once the season rolls around, I'm more concerned with hockey than the drama that gets caused here but I've been here since the beginning and I'll be here until you guys shut this down. Hope to see you all in the GDC this season.

karri said...

Ming...you kill me...hahahaha!

I have fam that live near Philly....

They have no passion for the Flyers right now...no one is interested in their slop.

The Eagles are the team! (Maybe the 76ers, too)

canaanmakesfood said...

stanley, that was my fault...rookie mistake.

2mins in the pbox for me...my apologies.

Stanley P. Kachowski said...

Ha. No probs, Canaan.

I missed all the fuss, so I wondered if I'd done something forbidden.

Now, I must go watch Survivorman eat something nasty.

Stanley P. Kachowski said...

'I hate the Flyers as much as anyone here but they love their hockey and are very compassionaite about it.'

Compassionate? Uh, I don't think so.

canaanmakesfood said...

Man vs. Wild is a joke

exhibit a: Evidence

survivor man ftw!

kristin said...

I just meant that she won't have trouble walking the streets as a Pens fan...people here generally ignore hockey outside the rink.

On the other hand, if she were wearing a Cowboys jersey, people might give her a hard time...

snoopyjode said...

don't sweat it, kristin - most of us understood what you meant. :)

Kenny Melvin said...

Wow Survivorman was better than ever tonight. Les was almost attacked by a Jagura. That show is so great, what seperates it is that he uses no camera crews. I think it was reported the man vs. wild dude sleeps in hotels.

Ming the Merciless said...

WHITE POWER

Lauren said...

Kenny, don't worry, I wasn't planning on going out of my way, I know it's not worth it. ;)

As for wearing the Cowboys jersey Kristin...No problem there. My dad would kill me if I owned anything other than a Steelers jersey. Season ticket holders, whatcha gonna do.

I don't know how I'm going to survive without Pens games to watch, though. I wonder if I can get Center Ice in my dorm.

Stanley P. Kachowski said...

On your mark,

Get set,

PHOTOSHOP / CAPTION ME

Anonymous said...

"New Steelers mascot visits neverland ranch"

Steeltown Mike said...

Caption:

"No, that couldn't possibly be my kid. I don't sleep with women."

Disclaimer

We are in no way affiliated with the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League.

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Pensblog uses logos and registered trademarks of the National Hockey League to convey our criticism and inform the public.

Photos on The Pensblog are used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (thepensblog@gmail.com) and we will be happy to oblige.

wooo