Tuesday, December 19, 2006
We have been up.
We have been down.
Our stomachs in knots.
Our heads throbbing.
Our hearts pounding.
And here we are. All from different walks. All with different opinions. But one thing we stand united in: Keep the Pens in Pittsburgh. We have our shot, and here is one last plea to the gaming board:
Select the Isle of Capri Casino application for:
- Mario Lemieux, who has saved the Pens more times then we can count, so that his legacy will never be tarnished.
- For Mellon Arena. The only home Pens fans have ever known. Let it rest in peace, and let its memories live forever.
- For the past. For the two cups. For Badger Bob high in the sky, and even Scotty Bowman, for Herb Brooks, Ivan Hlinka. For Stevie Latin and Skip Trainer. For ol' Craig Patrick, and hell even Howard Baldwin. For Mike Lange, the voice of the Pens forever, and yea Steigy too. For all the players: Tommy Barasso, Kevin Stevens, Ronny Francis, Bob Errey, Phil Borque, Gordie Roberts, and the immortal Jim Paek. For Larry Murphy and his dump. For Paul Stanton, Mark Reechi, John Cullen, Paul Coffey and good old Ulfie. For Bryan Trottier, Randy Gillen, Grant Jennings. For slippery rock Joe Mullen and Jiri Hrdinia. For Kovy, Straka and Lang. And number 68.
- Pass it for the memories. Watching Jaromir Jagr dance through the Blackhawks in 1992, and his heroic performance in 1999 against the Devils. For the Flying Nedved's goal in 4ots, and Frankie Peterangelos "Save" against the Devils. For Mario's trip through Ray Borque, his move against the North Stars, and his shot heard round the world in 1992 against the Black Hawks. For Marty Straka's game winner against the Sabres in 2001, and for remembering excatly what you were doing when Kaspar the ghost scored the goal in Game 7.
- For our Fathers and Mothers who got us into the Pens, and let us stay up way late to watch them.
- For the Future. For Crosby and Malkin, so that we own the friggin Flyers for years to come.
- For the friends we have and the ones we lost along the way.
- For all the Pens fans who don't want to become Sabres fans.
- For the Pensblog Staff. If the Pens leave, we shut down the blog and become alcoholics.
- For Jon Barbero...the voice of Mellon Arena.
- For Iceburgh and the T-shirts he shoots out of the shirt-gun.
- For PAT Bus 61C "Downtown via Oakland".
- For Oh, Canada and the Star Spangled Banner, sung by Jeff Jimmerson, at NHL games. The best scene in sports.
- For fans, all throughout the world. The bandwagoners and fairweathers. The ones who sat and watched through years of bad hockey.
- For the fans that high five the strangers, and jump on each other when someone scores a huge goal.
- For Grandma and her bingo game.
- For our dogs, who when the Pens score, go nuts because we're screaming.
- For all the message boards, Letsgopens.com and Pittsburgh Penguins.com, where the battles are ongoing.
- For the Hill District, so they don't regret it.
- For Bob O'Conner who will never live to see it.
- For Luke Ravenstal who will need it.
- For easy Ed Rendall, so he can shove it.
- For the Pirate fans, so they can watch how its done.
- For the Steeler fans, so they know our nation is just as strong.
- For everyone that has ever watched, or cared.
- And for our Generation. So we never have to worry about our team leaving, and we can finally sit back and enjoy the team we love. The Pittsburgh Penguins.
In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Pensblog uses logos and registered trademarks of the National Hockey League to convey our criticism and inform the public.
Photos on The Pensblog are used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.
If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (email@example.com) and we will be happy to oblige.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.