Thursday, November 23, 2006
What many people don't know about Thanksgiving is that after the Pilgrims and Indians had a delicious meal, they played a grueling 2-overtime thriller with the Indians winning 4-3, on Chief Triple Deke's second goal of the game.
Mario Lemieux was the referee.
The wager on the game was that whoever won would assume the rights to the land.
Wow, the white man going back on his word...
Michael Richards will have fun with that.
But in the true spirit of Thanksgiving, here is what we are truly thankful for:
- Mario Lemieux
- Sidney Crosby
- Evgeni Malkin
- Student rush
- Hot girls
- AOL Instant Messenger
- Steelers 2005 Super Bowl season
- Wendy's 99-cent menu
- Dan Potash
- 2 for $3 Gatorades
- Our parents
- Hot water
- Annabelle, the God-daughter of the Pensblog
- The 2006-07 Flyers being a joke.
- Little League tournament games at Peterswood Park in Peters Township
- Our respective dogs, Joey and Rocky
- Mighty Ducks 1,2,3
- Hoss's salad bar
- Jay Caufield
- "The Hey Song"
- The Mellon Arena
- Sudden Death
- Jagr (before his "dying alive" quote)
- Kevin Stevens before and after his drug problems
- Ron Francis
- Frank Pietrangelo's save on Petr Stastny
- Tom Barasso's performance in Game 3 against the Blackhawks in 1992
- The Stanley Cup in 1991
- The Stanley Cup in 1992
- Jim Paek
- The Internet (thanks to Al Gore for inventing it)
- Mike Lange
- Isle of Capri
- Cellphone chargers
- Our vehicles starting every morning
- Adobe Flash
- Chris Antypas
- Gabe Antypas
- Hot Pockets
And lastly, we are thankful for our readers.
We cannot thank you enough.
Coming up with this stuff for the blog is fun, but it's nice to laugh with other people rather than by ourselves at 2:00 in the morning.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there, unless you're not a Penguins fan. In that case, we hope you choke on dry stuffing and your brother bangs your wife.
Finally, a little known fact is that turkey was not even eaten at the first Thanksgiving.
They ate venison and duck.
Don't ask how we know; we just do.
In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Pensblog uses logos and registered trademarks of the National Hockey League to convey our criticism and inform the public.
Photos on The Pensblog are used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.
If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (email@example.com) and we will be happy to oblige.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.