Friday, September 22, 2006
ESPN Game Recap
From what I've read, the Pens played a pretty good game tonight sans Sidney Crosby. Also, the Capitals were without Alexander Ovechkin. One can easily picture Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin drinkin beer/banging chicks in the press box.
The game was tied at 3 going into the third period. Sergei Gonchar scored to make it 4-3, but the Capitals' Jakub Klepis tied the game with about a minute left. In overtime, the ghost of Penguins past came back to haunt us as Matt Bradley(pictured at bottom) scored to send the eight people in attendance home, dejected.
- Sergei Gonchar - 2 PP Goals
- Ryan Whitney - 2 A
- Dominic Moore - 1 G
- Jakub Klepis - 1 G, 2 A
- Marc-Andre Fleury - 19 saves on 24 shots
- Powerplay - WAS (3 for 10) PIT (2 for 13)
- Sergei Gonchar with two more goals.
- Dominic Moore scores. We saw the goal on the news. It was nasty. He was looking solid against Philadelphia, too.
- Fleury with some weak stats, but it's hard to comment on him without seeing the game.
In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Pensblog uses logos and registered trademarks of the National Hockey League to convey our criticism and inform the public.
Photos on The Pensblog are used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.
If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (email@example.com) and we will be happy to oblige.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.