Tuesday, September 19, 2006
ESPN Game Recap
Well, the Pens first preseason game (in Halifax, Nova Scotia) was exactly that: their first preseason game. Besides some Ottawa jobber (Cody Bass) scoring by shoving the puck in with his glove, there really wasn't much to write home about. After a scoreless first period, Ottawa scored 3 goals in the second. In the third, the Pens coughed to remind Ottawa that there was still a game going on, but Dany Heatley crapped in their mouths to make it 4-1 and that was basically it.
- Sidney Crosby - 1 G, 1 A, 3 F-Bombs
- Dany Heatley - 2 G, 1 A
- Powerplay: Sens (1 for 6) - Pens **(0 for 10)**
- Shots: Pens 39 - Sens 26
- Kelly Guard - 1 pair of gold pads
- Marc-Andre Fleury had a smooth glove save in the second period.
- Nils Ekman looks like he's gonna fit in well this year.
- Erik Christensen didn't look too shabby.
- Marc-Andre's mask has a new paint-job for 2006-07.
- Judging by tonight's performances, Noah Welch and Jordan Staal should make this team.
- Senators goalie Kelly Guard bought his gold pads at the Dollar Tree.
- Jordan Staal's nickname is the 'pterodact-tile'. Steigerwald will make for a fun year, my friends.
- Senators goalie Rick Emery's mask has either Bruce Lee, a sumo wrestler or Alec Baldwin on it. (Actually, Emery is a boxing fan)
- We better not have to sit through Phil Bourque commercials all year.
In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Pensblog uses logos and registered trademarks of the National Hockey League to convey our criticism and inform the public.
Photos on The Pensblog are used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.
If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (email@example.com) and we will be happy to oblige.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.